Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Arrival!

Well, it finally arrived. We have been waiting on it for several days now, maybe even weeks. It wasn't here yet last night, but sometime through the night it came. It is Xavier's second tooth. The right one on the bottom. It is just barely through the gums, but it is definitely there. Maybe that would explain his not wanting to sleep the last couple days and nights. He is not fussy, just not really himself. So we will see if this helps him rest. Also it could have been his shots. He did develop a very minor small fine rash Friday morning. It is for the most part gone now, so not sure what caused it. So for now, we will be awaiting the arrival for numbers three and four.

Syd has come down with a nasty cold. Her nose runs constantly, and she sounds a little horse and stuffy. We will wait to see what happens. With her asthma, she usually gets worse before better, but the last few times it has not been as bad. So we will just wait and see what happens. I did start her meds immediately as soon as I noticed she was coming down with something.

Dylan had a basketball game yesterday. They won!! They are getting so much better. That is really the goal for them. Not to necessarily win, but to improve. They have two weeks of games left.

And as for Madison, nothing much going on. Her new thing is to run, run, run. We made a new rule in the house in order for the kids to get on to the lap top they have to run. When it is nice, they run ten laps around the house. When it is not, they run half a mile on the treadmill. Every time Madison asks to get on the laptop, I tell her she needs to go run. She always asks how far and I say half mile. She has been going above and beyond her half mile. I think she has been running at least 3 miles each time, sometimes four. I think she found her calling. She is not much into sports, but I think with a little training and encouragement from her dad, she will be a long distance runner.

In close, just a concern from a conversation Syd and I had the other day. I got a new washer and dryer. And she and I were sitting in the laundry room watching the clothes wash. She is as most of you know my loving child. And she said to me "Mommy, I love you", which is not unusual. And I of course said, "I love you too". Then she said, "I don't ever want you to die." WHAT?? Why is my five year old worried about me dieing? I don't want her to have to worry about this. But I guess for her to understand it at her age is really special. I suppose it is because of the deaths we have had in our family. She talks about how she misses her Grandpa Flentie quite often. She too talks of Mariah, but in a different way. Maybe because she only knows her from pictures. And angel Ava. She remembers it vividly. So I guess she has been through enough to know. It really makes me sad to know that she is thinking of losing us. And I hope and pray that God's plan for us it to be here with our children and them here with us for a long, long, time.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Yikes, that is a question you don't expect to hear from your 5 year old. It is amazing what their little minds think of and have to digest! What a great looking family you have their in your picture at the top of the page.

We are waiting on Taegan's top two teeth to come in so she can stop drooling a river and sleep better:)

The Rice Family said...

Yeah Xavier! Congrats on the new tooth. Hopefully Syd gets to feeling better none of my kiddos has asthma but from what I understand it can be pretty scary stuff. Hope she gets to feeling better soon. I think I might have to have Madison train me sounds like she is loving the running.