Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lucky Me, Lysol, Lysol, Lysol

Well I don't know exactly how lucky I am. Madison has the flu. Not influenza, but gastritis. You know the vomiting, tummy achey stuff. She is resting well right now. I am hoping she is able to sleep it off. It must be going around her class. I know of at least 2 others with it today also. Hopefully it will pass as quickly as it came.She seemed fine when she arrived home from school around 4:00. She went outside and played some bball with Dylan. When they came in I had dinner ready. I was asking who wanted soft and who wanted hard taco shells. She said she wasn't feeling well. I ask her what, and she said her tummy hurt alittle. So she didn't eat. I had her go ahead and get ready for bed, take a shower etc. After her shower she was in the living room and gagged alittle. I thought she was getting sick then, but nothing came up. Then she went right to bed. I had her go to bed in the "office" (the bedroom upstairs next to Michael and I's room. I gave her a bucket and off to sleep she went. About 8:oo I was in the living room on the laptop and I heard a weird noise in the hallway, I know right away what it was. Needless to say, I think she was sleeping and didn't realize she was sick. Now I have a beautiful stain on my carpet. I cleaned it up right away, and put stain remover on it. Then got the carpet shampooer out and sucked it up, but I can't seem to get it completely out. So I got everything cleaned up including her, and got out my Lysol. Now any of you that know me, know that Michael says we should buy stock in Lysol. When my kids are ill, I spray the whole house several times, in hopes to kill the germs and keep everyone else from getting it. So let's hope Madison can sleep it off, and no one else gets it. And that it is gone as quickly as it came.

On a better note, I realized I haven't posted that Xavier is now speaking in words that we understand. On Christmas day night, he said "da da". Yeah I know, I was hoping for it to be mama, but it wasn't. Ever since he says it all the time. What's really funny is when he is saying dada, but wanting me. Maybe he is a little confused.

4 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

yuck!!! I hope Madison starts feeling beter soon and everyone else can stay away from it.

The Rice Family said...

I am so sorry that Madison is not feeling well. That is never any fun for anyone. I know what you mean by the lysol. If any of us get sick I clean like crazy. We have a chemical free home so I only use natural products and my favorite product when we are sick is Sol-U-Guard. It kills everything including staph,TB,
athletes foot, and even the HIV-1 virus or any virus for that matter. It's awesome. I hope she gets better soon. Too cool that Xavier said his first words. I always wanted mama first too but it was always dada. O well it's exciting non the less.

Meyn Family said...

Thanks for the comment Amy. I have checked in on you guys a few times also. I found your blog through Becky's. It is so nice to see how everyone is doing. The flu is moving trough our house like a mad man. Everyone has gotten it except me. Hopefully I'll get lucky. Hope Madison is feeling better, and the rest of you escape flu free!
Renee

Marsha Grossnickle said...

It's no fun to have kids home sick. You are right bring on the Lysol and washing the kids hands. Then making up the home work papers while they feel bad is even more fun.

Hoping the bugs move out of USD 380 school district soon.