Monday, January 19, 2009

We had a Great Weekend

Well, it's Monday morning and it did feel great to sleep in my bed last night. I think the kids must have felt the same way as I didn't hear too much from them during the night. The kids and I went to spend the weekend with my family in St Joe. They always have big sales on their winter clothes at the mall there on MLK weekend. I usually buy the kids clothes for the next winter. I have gotten great deals on winter coats in the past. Like $80 coats for $8 bucks. This weekend my best buy was some rugby type shirts for Michael that were $40 for $4.18. I did get some other pretty good buys as well. Also felt great just to get away and spend the weekend with some family. We just shopped, hung out and played Wii. The kids just love those games. And it is a special treat since we do not have a Wii here, and have no plans to get one any time soon. Michael just hung out at home and enjoyed some quiet time. He had some work he needed to get done, so it was a great time for him to do that. however we really missed him while we were gone.

So now it is back to school and work. The sun is shining beautifully today. I am ready for warmer weather. Not too much to report for last week. I do want to wish my sister, Becky and sister in law, Amy a belated happy birthday, as well as my great aunt Millie. They all share a birthday, and my sis and sister in law share it the same year and all. How ironic.

They older kids are all enjoying school. Xavier still just has the one tooth. He is diligently trying to learn to crawl. Now when we sit down at the table, he thinks he has to have something off of our plates to put into his mouth. He has started this high pitched loud screaming. It is hard to believe he will be 6 months old in just a few short days. That of course means he will have to have more shots on Wednesday:( But I am excited to see how he has grown. He has tried many different fruits and vegetables and loves almost all of them. We are moving him up to number 2 foods. He is also enjoying the graduate puffs starting this past week.

I am excited to have a new washer and dryer to be delivered on Thursday. My wonderful husband bought me a new front loading washer and dryer. I have heard lots about these, good and bad. So we will just see for ourselves.

Just a quick story from the weekend in close. Saturday night we went to mass at 6 oclock, grabbed some sandwiches from Goodcents for dinner and after we were done eating, enjoyed playing Wii together. We played some Mario racing game. We all took our turns at it. Anyway about 11:00, I think or a little after, we headed off to bed. Syd and I got the bedroom, my aunt and Dyl on the air mattress, and my mom on the sofa. Maddy took the floor in the sleeping bag, by my mom and the air mattress. Everyone was down for the count. Well around 2:30 or alittle after, I hear my Aunt and Mom trying to wake Dylan. For those of you who don't know, he sleep walks. We have caught him trying to go outside before in the middle of the night when it was 10 degrees below. Anyway, I rushed out there to see what was going on and as I got out there I could hear him yelling also. I got out there with a little flash light and my mom had gotten ahold of him and was trying to wake him. I ask what was going on? And they said he was fighting. (in his sleep). Well once we had the light on we could tell, he had punched the TV and moved it. And it is a 42 inch flatscreen. He had knocked over some other decor in the living room and he was after more. Thank God my mom was able to get ahold of him and from behind before he broke anything and hurt himself or someone else. They say in your sleep you are much stronger than you are otherwise. On Sunday morning we ask him about it and of course he has no recollection of any of it. It is both funny and scary. I worry about him wondering out when he gets older and getting hit by a car on the highway or something. And like at my aunts, if he would have went the other direction he could have went to the windows, broke them and fell out. This would have been from a second story to concrete below. I am hoping it is something he will outgrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, mom was telling me about his, sounded like some excitement for all of you. I am glad neither of the boys do this! I did not know Amy's birthday was the same as mine, that is ironic! Sounds like you had a much better weekend than me. I am hoping the next one is better! I am not sure I can handle another like this one!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

That is scary...I too hope he outgrows it. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!!! and wow, the deals, I am jealous!!!

Thanks for the "Happy Birthday" I appreciate it. I didn't realize that you had so many in your family with the same b-day. Must be a great day!!! : )