Monday, February 9, 2009

Odds and Ends

A very belated Happy Birthday goes out to my dad. He would have turned 54 on Feb 2nd. I wanted to post but was holding out for reasons I am still not mentioning.

Also Happy Birthday today to my brother in law, Brent.

Xavier wants to say a few things.jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj b gb yt b bnbbnb nb y 6 b

Who knows what that means, but it made him happy to help out. He is getting so big and growing so fast. He has had so much progress since I last posted. He is sitting unsupported now. He is crawling? Well more like scooting. He gets up on his hands and knees, but mainly he army crawls or pulls himself with his arms. He has said "mama" a couple times. He thinks he needs the laptop, my keyboard, the phone, the remote, his spoons, whatever else he can get his hands on. He is very much so mama's boy. He is always wanting my attention. He likes to blow zerbers. He thinks he has to try what is on my plate even if he has already eaten his food. On and on and on. He is just growing up.

He is getting over a terrible cold right now. I actually have an appointment for him to go to the Dr tomorrow. He has been running a low grade fever the last couple afternoons. He really doesn't act sick other than maybe sleeping a little more. But who wouldn't with the cold he has? I think he is just such a happy baby, that he wouldn't let on even if he didn't feel well. So we will see what happens tomorrow.

Syd has had a bad cold as well, and of course, that means her asthma was flared up. She is finally on the uphill side of things. She had the stomach flu last Sunday, but it was short lived. Otherwise, she is just Syd.

Dylan played his last basketball game on Saturday. The lost, but they were playing against 4th graders. Dylan seems to have a bit of a cold now also, but it isn't too bad.

Madison is looking forward to her big "10" birthday that is coming up. She is so excited to be turning 2 digits!!? LOL She had the stomach flu a while back and then Thursday she had a bought of diarrhea. Otherwise, she is just enjoying school.

As for Michael and I. Well we have been battling colds also. Michael had one a while back and seems to be having a hard time getting completely over the mucus. Mine has just come on and I wake in the morning with lots of mucus and sore throat, and headache. But by middle of the morning I am feeling lots better. Just having a hard time getting rid of it. I also had the joy of getting the diarrhea. But it is better now also. Hopefully, (I hate to even say this) we are all over it.

We took the kids to the bull riding in Manhattan the last Saturday in January. They really seemed to enjoy it. We have been trying to work around the house and finish up some things that we have never done yet. We are going to have some painting done and get the shelves put in all the closets. This will be really nice.

I have also starting making some quilts. I am designing each of the kids one for their beds. I am really excited about this.

We are planning a vacation this summer. Michael and I have been working on this some lately.
Mapping out the best way to take there and back to see some scenery only the way. We are headed out to Virginia and Washington DC in June. We are very much looking forward to this.

And on another note. We are Aunt and Uncle again. Nathan and Amy had a baby boy, Brody, today around noon (I think). They induced and did a planned c section. It was to occur around noon, and we got the info by 2:00, so sometime between noon and 2. Anyway he was definitely a BIG boy. He weighed 11 lbs, and was 23 inches long. That is all the info I have now, and that mom and babe are doing well. We hope to get healthy so that we can get down to meet him soon.

Oh and I am not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but we are really proud of both Madison and Dylan for making it into the all school spelling bees. There were 4 kids from each class that made it into the school spelling be. Way to go!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am so excited to hear from you! I have missed you and was hoping things were okay. Sounds like you have been busy and enjoying your family. Hope everyone is over the worst of the sickness. Crawling??? WOW-are you ready for that! Taegan is now standing and pulling herself up. Where does the time go?

The Rice Family said...

Glad to hear you are all getting over that nasty cold and flu stuff! Congrats on the new nephew. He is absolutly adorable. I told Amy I thought he looked like Kaden only with chubbier cheeks. I am excited that I will be a great aunt this month seems kinda weird to say that since I'm only in my 30's.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon. I had a "head cold" that I finally got over and also the diarrea (I don't know if I spelt that rigt). Kind of a strange combination. Today Kaden's nurse went home with what she thinks is the stomach flu...just what we need with Brody now home. I just hope we all stay healthy.

Way to go Madison and Dylan!!! It must be a Boeckman thing (spelling) : ) or maybe a mommy Amy thing : ). I hope you guys do well (I am sure you will).

I hope to see you guys soon. Defintely for Madison's BIG 1 0.