Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Little Man is Half a Year Old!!

Well as I promised, the update from Xavier's appointment. He is currently 17 lbs and 4 oz. which is about a pound and a half more than double his birth weight. He is 26 7/8" long and his head circumference is 17". He is right on track as far as growth. As far as development, he is right on track and a little advanced. He pushes up with his arms to 90 degrees when on his belly. He sits with support and is starting to sit for a few seconds without support. He is reaching for things and trying hard to get them. He is eating number 2 foods now. He has tried many different things and seems to like them all for the most part. Green beans are not his favorite, but he does eat them. He is starting to get separation anxiety. Strangers scare him, and if mommy leaves the room or goes out of sight he cries:) (What a great feeling that mommy is needed) He isn't at all spoiled!;-) So he is right on track. He got four injections today. His immunizations and a flu shot. So that is how that appointment went.

As for the others, just school, religion and basketball practice. Tonight as I picked the kids up from religion, Madison and Dylan were arguing over who could be your girlfriend or boyfriend. Dylan's "girlfriend" is his his 4th cousin. He said it is okay to marry your third cousin, right mom. I said legally, I think so but I don't think it is something to worry about in 3rd grade. He just replied, "well that is what I am going to do with Parker" (marry her I guess). How funny!

Okay, well I really tried to download pictures for all of you. But I seem to be having problems doing it. I have tried several times and it is not working. Our Internet has not been working properly lately so that may be the problem . I promise to try tomorrow as Xavier is fussy and crying right now and I think he needs his mommy.

2 comments:

Angie said...

What a great feeling it is to have them cry when you leave, until it becomes that you can't do anything!!! He seems to be doing great and right on track. Keep it up little man.

Sounds you have enough gaming at your house to sit out the Wii-but it is super fun. Doing it with someone helps a ton until they start losing and you are stuck or gain:( That is hard, but you just have to keep at it.

The only reason we have Taegan getting pictures in a studio is because my parents bought us a package when she was born to have them taken every three months until she is 1!! So when she is 1 I will start doing them on my own!!! But for now we will enjoy the fun pictures in the studio.

Anonymous said...

Great news on Xavier. He sure is growing. I always look forward to seeing all of you, but I notice the changes in him the most. Hopefully you will get the pictures downloaded. All My Love to All Of You, Me-HB