Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas, Year End, Snow Days, Never a Dull Moment!

WOW! Where to start?? I shouldn't wait so long to post. It has been crazy busy here. Since my last post, hmm, well the kids were out of school due to snow days on Friday and Monday before Christmas break was to start. So we have had a much longer break than planned. I really could have used those two days without any kids here to wrap gifts. But I did manage to get it all done even with them here. I just locked myself in the bedroom for two days.

Any way, Madison had an orthodontist apt. on the 23rd. She got her spring jet appliances installed. She was having some trouble eating and talking for a couple of days, but now is in the swing of things.

Xavier caught a nasty head cold right before Christmas. I had to take him to the Dr on Christmas Eve morning. They said good thing it was in his head and not his chest. They did start him on some antibiotics since he was so full of congestion in his head, to help prevent it from draining into his ears and giving him an ear infection. He just finished up his antibiotic and it doing great.

I have been trying to catch up on some much needed bookwork. It is all the stuff that has to be done at the end of the year. I was behind on doing some of it as well, so I am caught up now and plan to stay that way.

Dylan has started winter basketball league now. They play for about 6 weeks or so on Saturday mornings in Frankfort. This is a new sport for us this year. So we just add one more to the calendar.

Hopefully you all had a great Christmas and great start to 2009. We had a Christmas starting on Christmas eve, everyday up until last Sunday. Michael has been able to take some time off the last couple weeks, which has been very nice. We have done alot of hanging out and being lazy. We have made a couple of shopping trips, just whatever. Today he helped me and the kids take down the Christmas trees. I am glad to have that done. And in the process somehow we ended up cleaning the whole attic. Am glad to have that done also. It will be so different come next week when the house is quiet again. I have some winter projects, I hope to get started now.

Not much else carrying on. I had my second injection on my back this week. Might be helping Little. Not sure what the next step is. We will find out in a couple weeks. I have some resolutions to post and hopefully some new pictures. I will try to do that soon, but right now I think it is time for me to hit the hay. Tah, tah!!

3 comments:

The Rice Family said...

Was wondering where you went!:) Glad to hear your holidays were good. I have been doing some winter cleaning as well it is very refreshing to do that.

Anonymous said...

Yes Madison was funny listening to the other day trying to tell me what she could and could not eat. Slurring just a little. But was so cute.
Love Aunt Pamela

JLS said...

Hi,

Really, this winter season is the most memorable season where we can enjoy the celebrations of christmas with colourful decorations.