Monday, January 12, 2009

Little Mother Hen!!

Well, quick story to start off with. Tonight Michael worked late so that means I was doing the single mom thing of making dinner, trying to keep Xavier happy, homework, and whatever else needed done. Michael had actually just gotten home as I was finishing making dinner. So I told Sydnie who was finishing homework to go down to the basement and tell the older two they needed to turn lights and TV off and wash hands to get ready to eat. Here is what I hear from the kitchen.


Syd: Dylan you turn off the TV and go wash your hands. (And she continues to tell Madison to turn off the lights and wash also as Dylan interrupts her).

Dylan: I just washed them down here.

Syd: Well (and I can hear the attitude) I didn't see you wash them, so get up here and do it again so I can see you. (Wonder where she has heard that??)

That's my little mother hen for me. Always making sure no one skips a beat. She is just a crack me up. What would life be without her? And on the other hand, (since she was a twin in utero) what would we do with two of her? :-P

So yesterday we were working on the attic. Remind you that the sheet rock has been sitting up there since we built in 2004. We were about to get all the sheet rock hung. Man it is going to be a nice storage room up there. And Michael had gone outside to get something, I was finishing up screwing the rock (that doesn't sound good, but I am going to leave it since you all know what I mean). I decided to come down and take a bathroom break. We have one of those pull down metal ladder things for steps in the garage. Well I hit about the first 3 or 4 steps going down them facing the front thank God, and went down the rest of them on my back/rump/arms. Laid there for about 15 seconds, came in the house holding back tears, asked the kids where Michael was and went straight into the jacuzzi tub. I was done for the day. I escaped with only minor injuries, injuries none the less. My rump is incredibly bruised and scraped up, both my arms have huge bruised on the backs of my bicep area. I think my shirt saved most of my arm, as I tore basically the whole length of the long sleeves. And my neck is stiff today. For the most part my back is okay. Most of you know this is my major worry area as I already have titanium rods, pins, and screws in there. So I feel lucky, it could have been a lot worse.

I am really trying to loose the baby weight so I decided if I post on here where I am at maybe I will be more likely to stay with it. So as of today, I have a good 8 lbs to go. I say a good 8 lbs because 8 would be fine, if I could loose 10 that would be fantastic. That would get me down to where I was before I had kids. I have just changed my diet slightly, and am trying to exercise and tone my body. Even if I do get to my prebaby weight, I know my body will not be the same.

So, I am hoping to stick with it.

Not much else going on. We are trying to stay healthy. Seems the flu is going around the school. I go back to the dr for my back and leg pain on Friday. Seems that is is better, somewhat. So we will wait and see what he want to do next. Good night and try to stay warm.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Yikes, sounds like you had quite the fall!!! Glad to hear that nothing major was hurt and good call on calling that a day.

I am with you on the baby weight-man is that hard to get off. Keep working hard, I have been doing my best too. It is hard to change, but it will be nice to have it off.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky that you survived that fall without any MAJOR problems. Please BE CAREFUL. I could just hear and see Syd taking care of business in getting everything squared away with Dylan and Madison for dinner. I do believe she is in control. :)!!!
Love to all and hope to see you this weekend.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

The story about Syd is hilarious.

That sounds like a big "ouch." I probably would have been crying like a baby. I hope you feel better soon.

The Rice Family said...

OUCH!!:( That sounds like a heck of a way to come down the stairs. So glad to hear that you only had minor scrapes and bruises sounds like it could have been really bad. Sydnie sounds like a cutie! It's nice to know that things will be handled correctly when moms not watching.(lol) Good luck with loosing the baby weight. As for me it's been 4 years and running. Guess I got lazy. I did get back on the treadmill last week after a 4 month break and it felt really good. I was able to get on and run 1 1/2 miles the first day so I was stoked. We should do some kind of challenge to help keep each other motivated. Like see how far it is to a specific destination and then see who could get there first. Minutes of working out versus miles to destination. Let me know if your interested.

Anonymous said...

I can just see Syd standing at the top of the stairs and telling Madison and Dylan just what you told her to say. That apple did not fall far from the tree. Kids pick up and repeat alot of things they see and hear. Such a little poop she is at times. How is Hunter doing, haven't seen or heard about him for a little while. Is little mother hen still taking care of Hunter or has that become daddys job now???
Good to hear that you hopefully did not mess your back up on the fall. I am certain Michael had wise words for you about that. Take care and be careful.
Pamela