Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sleep is Good

Well, I'm sure by now you are all wondering what is going on in our house! We are all adjusting well to the new presence in our home. Xavier is a little turned around on his nights and days, but he is adjusting as well. He put in a really good night for me last night. He went to sleep at 11:30 or so and slept til 2:30. Then I put him back down at 3:15 or so, and he slept til about 6:30. So not so bad. The first few nights were a little rougher. Wednesday night I ended up just sleeping in the recliner with him. He sleeps well when he is on his tummy, but of course we all know that is a no, no:)

The other kids are adjusting to him as well. The new is starting to wear off a little. Don't get me wrong they still smother him with love, but it is not so constant now. And they are learning what the can and can't, or should I say, are and aren't allowed, to do. They really are a big help. Sydnie is really into everything that is being done. Tuesday night I told her I was going to feed Xavier and she came right over and just started to unhook my nursing bra so that I was able to feed him. I just let her help. On Thursday, she got everything ready for his bath and put it in the bathroom, so that it was all ready when I was ready to give him a bath. Madison is a big help in making sure that things around the house are done. She does what I ask her to do which is really nice. Dylan is learning, he doesn't like to help out as much, but usually does as he is told. We are working really hard on him to use an appropriate level of decibels when he is talking inside.

So as you see, we are all doing well. Michael is working again today. He will be home at a good time though. We are going to a family get together tonight. We have a family reunion tomorrow and are also going to take in the Nemaha County Fair parade tomorrow evening. It is hard to believe by the work week next week Xavier will already be 1 week old. My how time flies! I will try to post some pictures tomorrow if I get time.

No comments: