Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Where to Start??






Okay, I guess the pictures are first. I am still working on figuring this all out and couldn't figure out how to put the pics at the bottom. So this is what you get. Just some fun pictures of Xavier. The last one is from his first cereal feeding on September 24th.

Once again it has been awhile since I have posted. I really am trying to be better at this, just seems as though time gets away from me. A lot has happened since I last posted.

Xavier had his 4 month check up on Thursday, the 13th. We did it a week early since earlier in the week he seemed to have a little tummy bug. Of course, since I scheduled him to see the Dr. it magically got better. Nothing wrong with that though. He was needing to go regardless so that is out of the way. Four months meant more shots, three to be exact. He did really well with them. He weighed 15lb 2 oz and was 25 inches long with a head circumference of 16. This was the same weight as when I took him to the Dr back in October, so they are sure he was not really gaining due to the diarrhea he had. So I have also started him on formula. I am still nursing him morning and bedtime, otherwise he is on formula. He is also loving fruits and veggies. We started him on veggies, (squash to be exact) on Oct 26. He just loves to eat. He has also started rolling over, the little squirt. He not only goes back to tummy, but tummy to back. I tried to get a video of this to play for all of you, but he would not perform in front of the camera. I will try to capture that in the near future. I am going to include some pictures of him. Oh yeah, and he is really teething, likes to chew on everything.

Sydnie has started reading at school. She has a ring of words we read, and she is on her second book. She is really loving the fact that she can read. She thinks she is big stuff. Her report from her teacher was excellent. They are having a feast next week at school and she is very excited to be bringing pumpkin pie. We are so proud of her. It is hard to believe she will be 5 in the very near future. She is such a good kid, always ready and willing to help others.

Dylan broke out with his usual fall hives last week. Nov 9th to be exact (for my records). We think now that he is allergic to the flu vaccine. The last two years it has been exactly 5 days after his flu shot that he has gotten the hives. So we will talk with his allergy Dr at Children's Mercy and see what she thinks.

Now on to Madison. We took her to the orthodontist today. She is really crowded which we have known for some time now. We are going to have to do two phases on her teeth to get them right. Talk about expensive. The first phase will place some metal devices in her mouth that will "stretch" her jaw out. This will give her more room in her mouth for her teeth. Then she will have to get braces to pull the upper teeth back to the right. So we will be putting her college fund into her mouth for the next couple of years.

So with all of that said, I will try to post more often. When things happen instead of a week or two later. I am going to include some photos for all of you as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the great pictures of everyone and for updating the blog. I know it takes time to do all of this and you keep very busy with everything. I do appreciate all you do to keep those of us whom check the blog frequently updated on everything. Love to all. ME-(HB)

Anonymous said...

Heather had to have the spacer too in order to make her mouth wider also. It will be fun when you have to turn the key every day. Your pictures of the kids are great. love to all - me (mbw and family)