Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me, Vomit, and K State Tickets!!

I know you are all probably thinking by the title, what is that crazy woman thinking!! But truth be known, it is all on my mind. I think I have esp. I have had this feeling for about a week that one of my kids would be sick. And sure enough, this morning around 5:45, Syd got sick. She came up stairs to our bedroom and said her throat hurt. I told her to go lay in the daybed in the office/nursery. (Xavier's dresser and toys are there, but his crib is in our room) Not five minutes after tucking her in, I heard her get sick. The poor little thing. I felt sooooooo bad for her. She would only get about 3-5 minutes break between times. It just wore her out. So after 2 hours of this and a little blood in her emesis, we took her to the dr. They gave her some medicine to calm her stomach. And she has been feeling much much better since. She now has diarrhea, and is pale and sleepy, not to mention dizzy, but at least she has enough energy to let you know she is okay.

So needless to say, she didn't give me a great birthday. Although I don't mind. It makes me feel good to know that she wants to be loved and cared for, and wants her mommy. What is a birthday at my age anyway? Really just another day.

And now for the tickets. We had tickets to take Madison and Dylan to the game today. I was going to have Michael take them after Syd got sick this morning. But then they were fighting, and I told them enough was enough and that they were not going to the game. So we gave the tickets away to Michael's sister Jessica and her husband Joe and some friends of theirs. I guess we will have to go extra next year to make up for not making it to a game this year. Michael went last week, but he is the only one that went. Toooo cold for me!!

Yesterday I went to Topeka and had my back injected. Talk about hurt. It was a very uncomfortable procedure. Today my back is sore and the leg pain is still there. I am hoping that it will be gone tomorrow. It may be a little better today. More of a pain in the rear of my thigh, rather than all the way down my leg. So we will see what happens. I am hoping all is well tomorrow and that the weather is super nice. I am wanting to get some family pictures taken. Don't know if we will achieve that or not. We will have to wait and see what tomorrow is like.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!!! YOU STILL LOOK LIKE YOUR 19. LOVE TO ALL - me (mbw)

Anonymous said...

Toting around your little chubbers wouldn't help anyone's back. I just reread that and it sounded really bad. I meant Xavier!!! Take care and hope all are well by next weekend. See you then! Monica

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!! What a fun way to celebrate, huh. I guess that is what comes with being a mommy, you never get a break.

Poor Syd. Do you think it is the stomach flu that seems to go around every year about this time. I know that the three of us have had it the last few years out however, we got lucky last year. The good thing about that yucky bug (if that is what it is) is that it is a 24 hour thing, the bad...it seems to be very contagious. Hope she starts feeling better soon and that the rest of you escape whatever it is.

Anonymous said...

Happy Be-lated birthday Amy. For some reason I thought it was the 26th of this month. Sorry to hear about Syd being sick. Hopefully she will be better today. Keep the Lysol spraying and maybe, just maybe the rest of you will escape the flu bug. Hope the injection you got will eventually provide you with relief. Hang in there and take care. Love and Hugs to all, ME-HB