Saturday, October 24, 2009

On My Mind

So I have been thinking too much lately maybe. But there are a few things I would like to share with you. Like, if I had to describe my kids in one word what would it be? And it would go like this.

Madison = hard working

Dylan = Tenderhearted

Sydnie = Sassy

Xavier = Determined

And the other things I have thinking of are this. What is one thing that sticks out in my head about loved ones who have passed? And that would go like this.

My dad loved to eat sliced cheddar cheese with his apple pie. And my Grandma Jeanne ground her teeth like no other. Grandpa Flentie loved pineapple upside down cake and also hated it when us kids would eat all his dried pineapple that Grandma kept in a canister on the dishwasher. My Grandpa Eisenbarth would pop his false teeth, and it was annoying. And he loved sandwiches with those little u shaped bologna rolls diced up on them. And Grandma Eisenbarth, well I have alot for her, but some that stick in mind was that she almost always had an apron on, just one that tied around the waste and house slippers. And she didn't rinse the soap off her dishes when she washed them, strange that I know that huh. And one of my fondest memories of my Aunt Elaine is at Maddy's birth. She told me to PUSH, and she was in my face. And that day she had on these pink scrubs. My mom was video taping and she didn't know that the camera was still on. The picture is of Elaine's legs and the floor haha, and my mom pipes up "she's nice and pink isn't she and Elaine agrees, all the while what you are seeing is her pink legs. LOL. How about my Grandma Ayers. She didn't watch much TV and if she did it was like a Nashville channel or something. Anyway, she used to sit and tap her toes to the stereo a lot. She made the best cinnamon swirl bread, and she always had a Schwan's ice cream bucket of homemade cookies, usually sugar, in the freezer.

So, just a little of what's been on my mind lately. The kids are still passing the illness around the house. Dylan had probably had a touch of the H1N1. He has been running a fever for most of the week off and on. And now has a bad cold. And he and Xavier both have or had the hand, foot, mouth virus. Poor X had like 4 or 5 bad sores in his mouth. I had to break down and give him liquids from a bottle today. I guess the sores are in the wrong place when he tries to drink from his cups it hurts. Hopefully with lots of hand washing and disinfecting the house, we are in the clear soon. I am just coming down with what seems to be a head cold. So hopefully I nipped it early. Hope you are all staying healthy.

No comments: