Friday, October 30, 2009

Oh What a Week!!!!

So to start of the week, when Syd got home on Monday, she just looked so sleepy. So I took her temp. and it was fine, but I thought to myself,"how could that be?" So an hour later I checked it again and it was on the climb. Funny how a mother knows her children like that. So we started the Tylenol remedy. I had already bumped her Flovent up the night before because she was starting to cough. So with her asthma and all, I decided to go ahead and get her to the ER for influenza testing. And they did an influenza and strep because her throat was so red. Both negative at the time. But they both have a pretty good rate of a false negative also. So we went home for the night with a follow up in the clinic in the am. Fever was 103.5 in the am when she got up, so we got ready and headed to the clinic. Not alot of change, other than the sound to her cough. So they put her on both an oral antibiotic and the Tamiflu as they were pretty sure she had the H1N1. We came home and she laid around most of the day. Fever would go up and down, and held out around 101. Then after her Tamiflu at bed time she started to vomit (because of the med). And with that she spiked a fever of 105!! OMG! What to do? I already had cool clothes on her and she was chillin. But she was not keeping things in her tummy, so Tylenol wasn't going to help. So I again called the ER and got to talk to Dr Kelly (the provider she saw in the clinic), and he said to come down and get some suppositories of Tylenol for her. So I did. She didn't much like them, but it did bring her fever down. And she finally broke the fever around lunch on Wed. So I took her to her Halloween party at school on Thursday. But she still hasn't got much for appetite and is quite pale and out of energy. So it has been a long week here. Just after recovering from Dylan and Xavier's illness, she got hit.

And on the note of Xavier, he's been a little fussier than usual. But I found a molar coming in on the top right side of his mouth. So I am sure that has been the problem. And the fact that his mommy time has been a little on the short side this week :)

So everyone enjoy the weekend and have a safe and Happy Halloween and I will try to post Halloween pictures this weekend.

No comments: