Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Oh Happy Fall!!

Wow, I haven't posted since Xavier's 1st birthday. My how time flies. Well where do I start. Maybe I should start by telling you all "I'm sorry". I know many of you have been checking regularly to see what we have been up to. Well truth be known we have been terribly busy, but that is no excuse. So here it goes. As I sit here trying to pay bills, get statements out, clean off my desk, get the paperwork entered, I look at the blog and decide there is no time like the present to get up to date.

Xavier is my little helper each and every day. Not a day goes by that him and I are not together and I thank God for that. He even goes to "work" with me on the days when I do go and help Michael. Those days have been few and far between lately. Have had a lot to do I guess. He started walking when he was just a week or so past his first birthday. I have video I will try to dig out and get posted. He still has not had an "official haircut". We have trimmed the front to keep it out of his face, but the sides and back is long and curly. He eats table food with the rest of us. He is a little peanut and has yet to triple his birth weight. But he is a good eater for the most part, just very active. He loves to dance, any time anything with a beat comes on he is boogieing. He not only walks not but runs. He goes up and down the stairs. He has pottied in the potty 4 times, each one before his bath which he loves. He still only has eight teeth, which he likes to use I might add. He says mama, dada, milk, uh oh, bye bye, yes, no, hmmm that is all I can think of right now. He loves to be outside no matter the weather. He also throws huge tantrums when he doesn't get his way. He is a lover, he loves to give kisses and hugs and blow kisses. He recently learned to blow his nose, due to a nasty cold and ear infection unfortunately. He loves tractors, which is another word he says, a lot. I am so looking forward to what he learns to due next.

Sydnie is in Kindergarten this year. She is off to a great start. She loves her teacher and loves school. She can write her name first and last. Is reading about 30 words or so. Knows all of her colors and shapes. Can count and write to 100 or past. She has homework every night and doesn't care, she just does it. She is my little helper. Whatever I might be doing, she wants to help and the same with her daddy. When he is going out to the farm to do anything, she wants to go along. She will be turning 6 in December.
Dylan is in 4th grade this year. He is loving school and of course his teacher. Nothing too new to report on him. He is still in the gifted program and has a new teacher in there this year. He started football again this year back in Sept. His team has not won a game, but they play hard and have fun. They scored their first touchdown last week, and it was #25, Dylan, who got to carry the ball in. How exciting! Before long he will be starting basketball. He wants to do gymnastics terribly bad and with his latest accomplishment of doing a back flip on his own, I think we may have to enroll next year. His grades are a reflection of the smart little or not so little boy that he is.
Madison is in the 5th grade this year. She recently made a big accomplishment in getting both tubes out of her ears. She also got her spring jet appliance off her teeth the other day ( just in time for Halloween ha). She is turning into such a beautiful young lady. She went to her first boy girl party on Friday. And she has now informed us that her and a boy are "dating" ha. She started band this year and is playing the clarinet. She is progressing nicely on it. She is still a book worm. And her grades also reflect quite nicely that she is a little smarty. She just has a bit of trouble turning things in once and a while. hmm She is wanting to start babysitting and does a great job with Xavier.
Michael and I try to keep to keep up with the kids and the business and still find time for each other. We recently participated in the go pink 5k walk in Sabetha. It is a fundraiser for cancer patients and families. We walked in memory of our family members who have had cancer, including my Dad, Aunt Patty, Grandparents, and cousin. This Saturday we are doing a 5 k for the coins for cause walk in Seneca that is also for cancer patients and families. We have a birthday party to attend and a party at a friends, along with the Cow Creek Opry. Next weekend we have a wedding to attend. We have not even found time to fit in a K State game yet. Michael is incredibly busy which is a blessing due to the economy. So many are looking for work, and yet we are at our busiest yet. Currently we are in some stage of about 25 houses. I try to help when I can, and keep up here and with the kids. Currently that consists of Tuesday night football practice, Wednesday night religion, and odds and ends the other nights, with football games on Sundays. Tomorrow night we happen to have tickets to the stage production of the Wizard of Oz. This is a reward to the kids for their grades. We have made it a point to reward them with something for the whole family for good grades. So as you can see we have been busy. I leave you with a few pictures. Hope you enjoy and I plan to keep this up as much as possible and do apologize for the delay.

1 comment:

The Rice Family said...

What a wonderful family you have. Everyone sounds to be doing great and what a blessing. I can't beleive how cute Xavier is getting. I don't think I could cut those curls off either. How awesome also that he allready want to use the potty. CJ wasn't interested until he was almost 3. Yeah for you. How great. You will be done with diapers before you know it.

The Rice family