Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lazy Day

Well yesterday I went to work for the better part of the day. Michael is just so busy and needed some help to get caught up. When I got home, Xavier was just not acting like himself. I picked him up to change his diaper and he was burning up. Took his temp and it was 103+. And he was breathing fast and just not acting right. So we ended up in the ER. He checked out OK other than the fever and a thick green mucous from his head. So he got a Rocephin shot and we were on our way. Today he started an antibiotic. We are starting him on a Pedisure a day also for a few extra calories, as he is such a little guy. He is a good eater when he feels well, but has had his bouts of not feeling well this year. And since he has not yet tripled his birth weight, and is so incredibly active, we are going to boost him with a few extra calories.

So today was a lazy day. Just laid around cuddling with my little man and catching up on missed sleep from last night. Did some laundry and dishes. Other than that, along with the cool wet weather, made a great lazy day. Xavier's fever did break during the night and stayed away til about 4:30 this afternoon and then it returned, but only 101, not the 103 that it had been.

So it looks like I will be home tomorrow with him as well. We will hopefully get a trip to the grocery store in since Syd needs a sack lunch for the Pumpkin Patch on Friday. But if he is still feverish, we will leave that up to daddy. I also need to work on statements, and get them out tomorrow.

The kids participated in The Living Rosary tonight at church and they all thought it was so neat. They explained it to me and it would have been neat to go, but I couldn't since Xavier was not feeling well.

We are working on getting some new paint done and a little bit of remodeling done. Our house is to be on the home tour for the Library in December and will be decorated for Christmas so we are hoping that it is all done by then.

Not much else to report. Maddy has taken a new interest in cleaning and helping me out today. She is wanting an allowance, so she has done a fair share of house work today. That is really nice beings I was a little on the lazy side today. It just goes to show she is growing up so fast.

We are headed to Nevada Mo this weekend for our Nanny's wedding. I am sure it is going to be a beautiful wedding and I cannot wait to hear all the music. It should be a good time I am sure. I will try to post pictures next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate won't put it down!!!
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
hkpanda.freetzi.com