Thursday, April 16, 2009

We Are Still Here, Livin' Life in the Fastlane

WOW! Where do I start?? Hmmmm. Well since my last post, we had a mini vacation and are leaving today on another. Xavier's first top tooth popped through (Monday April 6). Soccer is in full swing. What am I forgetting. Oh, Easter has come and gone. Wow any thing else. Oh yes, Madison did a great job on her state assessment tests at school. She got 95 math and reading, both exemplary, and 91 science, also exemplary and according to her the highest score in her class. YES!!

So the first weekend in April we headed to St Joe for the National Federation Bull Riding finals. We have done this for the last 8 years I believe, maybe 9. Anyway, a good friend of ours rides bulls in this circuit. Way to go Seth. He rode Thursday and Friday nights, but wasn't able to hold on Saturday night. I am not sure of his place, but he did place in the finals. Dylan was excited to get his shirt from his ride being the highest of the night on Thursday night. We are going to put it in a shadow box on his wall next to Seth's photo.


Xavier, like I said has his 3rd tooth. He also has been battling with an ear infection. He goes in for a recheck this morning. And he will be having his, drum roll please, 9 month visit today also:( At least there will be no shots. YEAH! He is pulling himself up to furniture and walls and gates and legs and whatever he can get ahold of. And is starting to let go. Also he is starting to show signs of wanting to walk if he is holding on. He also mastered crawling all the way up the basement steps on Tuesday afternoon. He just continues to grow and develop and it seems to be happening too quickly.

Sydnie had started soccer. This was a little bit scary for her at first, but now she loves it. She cannot wait for the next soccer game/practice. Dylan is also playing soccer and like always is so competitive.

So a few quick cute stories. Last week we went out to eat at a local bar. They have like $2.00 cheeseburgers on Thursdays, and while there some friends came in. They are actually the parents of one of our employees. And Terry ask Sydnie "where is you pretty pink cowboy hat?"

Syd: (And I am sure you can hear the attitude) "You mean cowGIRL hat?"

Terry: "Oh yeah, cowGIRL hat?"

Too cute!

And the other day after school, Syd was sitting on the floor watching TV and Xavier and I were in the rocking chair and he was getting a bottle. Well, Syd tooted, and instantly she turned and looked at us and said, "Who was that?" And she was so innocent about it. Little turkey.



So I leave you with photos and video. And if I don't get them all posted I will try to do it later on today.


I am not able to figure out how to turn the video, so I guess you have to watch it sideways;-}

Okay, I guess the photos are not able to download right now and I am out of time trying, so I will have to post the pictures next week. We are headed to Hannibal MO this afternoon. So I will post pictures when I return.

On another note, we had Xavier's Dr apt this morning and the ears are clear. He is 28" long (48%) and 19# 4oz. (28%). No shots today, but next time, at one year, he will get 5, yes 5, shots. OUCHY! Until next week........

1 comment:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

We will see you guys tomorrow, if not tomorrow then Sat. I have to work so we won't even be leaving here until after 5pm (kind of sucks).

Pretty soon we will be handing Brody's clothes over to you ;). He is 27 1/4in long and at 15.7lbs. I can't wait to see Xavier's teeth...how stinken cute is that?