Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oh So Glad to Be Home

Oh, what a Friday the 13th!?? I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th until they mentioned it on the radio. I headed out to Wamego to get my hair done early yesterday morning. I had taken Xavier over to my moms for the morning. I was looking forward to a little me time. Something I hadn't had in quite a while. So I was just pulling into the parking lot at the salon, and my cell rang. It was Syd's teacher and she was quite anxious. Syd could not quit coughing. She had tried a drink and given her her inhaler and it just wasn't cutting it. So I called my mom to have her run over and get her. I continued with my appointment, and ran a quick errand into Manhattan. And then on my way home. Got to my mom's, picked up Syd and headed back to the Dr. They tried a Xopenex treatment with no relief and so off we went to be admitted into the hospital once again. She coughed most of the afternoon and into the night until about 12:30 this morning. Then that pretty much stopped it all. She has been good ever since. We came home around 9:30 this morning. We are going to stay on our meds, and hope that we are out of the woods. This has probably been the worst flair up that she has ever had. It is a little scary. She looked terrible last night. She had dark circles under her eyes, she just looked worn out from coughing so much. But today, well, she acted like Syd. She is back to eating a little bit, and hopefully will get some energy back and keep headed in the right direction.

Also Happy Valentines Day to all. And to my hubby, thanks for the flowers. And thanks for cleaning up the house. I love you and all that you do for me.

I have some pictures of Syd from Thursday in the croup tent and I will try to get them posted later today or tomorrow. I am just too tired right now, and have this humongous headache.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad to hear she is doing better!!!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I hope Sydnie continues to feel better. Poor girl.

The Rice Family said...

So sorry to hear that Syd was feeling well. Hopefully her asthma will rest for awhile. Sounds like it was a scary experience. Keeping you all in our prayers.

P.S.
Congradulations on your new nephew. He is such a cutie.