Thursday, February 12, 2009

Asthma and Ear Aches

Well, today is Thursday. I am happy that it is close to the weekend. The weather today is supposed to be in the fifty's. We had 2 inches of quickly melting snow yesterday. It melted as fast as it came.
I took Xavier to the Dr office yesterday. He has had this lingering upper respiratory thing going on. I thought he might have an ear infection, but just wasn't sure. He was such a goo happy baby. So yes, he did have an ear infection in left ear. With all of the other kids, you always knew when they have an ear infection. They would not sleep at night and would cry and cry. He didn't do that. I would just catch him occasionally rubbing his ear. So he is on an anti biotic for his ear.

And wouldn't you know it. I made him the appointment, and Syd woke up yesterday morning with her asthma flared up. She coughed all day long. They did listen to her in the clinic and said she wasn't wheezy. So home we went. I was up with Syd until about 11:30. I had exhausted every resource. So today I called the office and talked to our awesome nurse practitioner. She agreed to bringing Syd down for an outpatient stay in the croup tent. This always seems to help her in a short period of time. She also has to get a shot of Rocephin. So when I get home I will put up some pictures of her in her tent. Hopefully this will be a short 8 hours or so and we will be home in time for dinner tonight.

In the mean time, I am hoping this is the end of the illnesses for us, but for some reason I am not counting on it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a day.. Days like that I am just thankful to be there for quick stays and not long stays like other kids.. You know what I am saying? I hope everyone starts to get better in your house really soon!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

hello
use the eardoc for a fast recovery from ear infection, it is not invasive , drug free and works on 94% of its users www.eardoc.info