Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to You, You Live at the Zoo

You know the rest, you look like a monkey and you act like one too!! Today is Madison's birthday. She is TEN, yes TEN years old. I can hardly believe it. I can remember back 10 years ago so well. There was a train derailment in Onaga, and coal was spilled all over. We also had a healthy snow on Feb 21st, 1999, or early morning on the 22nd. Michael and I had a bottle of wine out in the snow from our suite at the hospital. Of course, it was more for him.

We took Maddy to the Red Robin last night for her birthday, and then off to the circus. She, Dylan, and Syd seemed to have a really good time. They got to ride the elephants at the circus. I do have some pictures to post and hope to make time to do that tomorrow.

Michael and I worked on getting the shelving up in all of our closets today. This has been a long time coming. We have been our house now for almost 5 years, and it will be great to actually have lots of storage in our closets.

So we took a break and headed to Havensville to the community building for dinner tonight. They had a fundraiser, soup dinner, to raise funds to make a handicapped bathroom in their building. While there, Casey Jordan, Tanner's (Michael's employee) sister and the band played and sang happy birthday to Maddy. She was just a little embarrassed. For anyone who has not been to Havensville to the Cow Creek Opry, and hear Casey and all the other local talent sing, I would highly recommend it. They are great. And for about $20, you can eat, and see the concert, and that is the whole family. Great, cheap family entertainment. Their next show is March 28th. And the Legend show that they put on, where they dress and act like the entertainers is May 2nd. We cannot wait to see these shows again.

So I promise to try and make time tomorrow to put up the photos that I have been promising. Oh, and I almost forgot, Xavier is 7 months old today also. My how time flies. We will talk more about him tomorrow also.

So to Maddy:
Happy Birthday baby. We love you so much. You have grown into quite the young lady. We are so proud of you and the qualities you have. You have so much compassion for others, and determination and endurance in you. You can do anything you put your mind to and you have proven that. You are such a big help to me at home, and sometimes I am sorry that I don't let you help me more. I am going to try and let you do more to help me out and let you take on some of the responsibility that you want to have. I guess it is just hard for me to let you grow up. But I guess there is no stopping it. Daddy and I are so proud to say we are your parents. Keep setting the examples you do now and strive to reach the goals you set in life. We love you!

Momma and Daddy.

4 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Happy Birthday Madison!!! We love you.

Love,
Nathan, Amy, Kaden, Angel Ava and Brody

Anonymous said...

Wow, Happy Birthday Madison! I can't believe you are 10 either!!!

It is scary to think we will be parents of a teenager this year!!! Yikes!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Amy,
They did test Kaden for RSV, something he wasn't very happy about, but did well. They also tested for influenza, but I guess that came back negative. I don't know about the 2 year mark off, I do know that he stopped getting the RSV shot when he was 2. I guess as they get older it isn't as hard on them...I don't know. I am just really nervous that Brody might catch it...just the thought of what could go wrong.

Anyway, I hope he is feeling better by the weekend. They did tell us that he should not be contagious after Monday...keeping my fingers crossed. He seems to be feeling a little better already, but is saying that his ear hurts. His O2 sats are still lower then they should be but at least he is not needing oxygen.

Well, hopefully we will see you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Wait, I just realized a teenager and an adult!! Now that is scary!!! Makes me glad my little B is still a ways away from either!!! (Even though he tries to act older than he is)