Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Needing Your Help

As many of you have probably read in Amy's blog, Kaden and Angel Ava, there is going to be a world wide lighting of candles on December 14th. I ask that all of our readers participate in the event. It is part of the Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting. Compassionate Friends is a foundation that supports family after a child dies. The lighting of the candle unites family and friends around the globe as the candles are lit. You are to light them at 7:00 pm your time and burn them for 1 hour to honor and remember children who have lost their life and gained their wings. By lighting them at 7:00 your time it creates a virtual wave of light around the world. Ironically, this was started in 1997, the same year Mariah was born. Amy has asked for anyone participating to take a picture and send it to her. And I will be taking those pictures as well. If you would like to send me a photo, leave me a comment with an email address and I will get you my email address.

In doing this, and the upcoming birthday the Mariah has on the 17th, I have been putting a lot of thought into posting a photo of her. And I have decided to do so. With that being said, I want to remind all of you that she is very underdeveloped. Her skin was not yet formed, so she had the consistency of thick jello. I know you are probably thinking I am crazy to compare her to that, but the pictures can create lots of questions and uncertainty. Our kids had lots of questions, but none the less they completely understand and are totally in love with their sister. And she was very red when she was born. Also in one of the photos, you can see one of the many cysts she had on the top of her head. But she has such a cute little face. She has the Boeckman pug nose. (That all my kids have) So with that being said, I am posting a photo of her.

Mariah Jeanne, we all miss you so much. It is hard to believe it was almost 11 years ago that you came into this world and took our breath away as you gained your wings. Your siblings ask about you and talk about you all the time and what it would be like if you were still here. I know that you and Grandpa are having a ball up there. And sometimes wonder if you needed Grandpa and that is why it was his time to go. We all love you very much.

Please also light candles for any deceased children you may know. Our angels are, Mariah Boeckman and two other children that were lost as miscarriages Baby Boeckman 2001, and Baby Boeckman 2003, Tye Flentie, and Ava Boeckman. Along with some blogging friends Angel Gabi and Madison Rice. Also we will be including many other friends of our who have lost their lives.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Amy
I will be lighting a candle for Mariah and Ava and others on Sunday.. I visit your blog often and appreciate that you visit mine!! And oh my that Xavier is such a cutie!!! Thanks for your well wishes for Maxton..
Melissa
www.yesallfivearemine.blogspot.com

The Rice Family said...

I am so glad to hear that you decided to post a photo of Mariah. I was thinking about posting a photo of Madison but being born at 19 weeks gestation she was also very red and her skin was also underdevloped. It is hard sometimes that I don't have pictures to share because I'm afraid the photos would make people feel uncomfortable. So I keep them to myself and only ever show them to a select few. Now I think thanks to you that I will share her photos with everyone. I don't have any digital photos though so I will have to find someone with a scanner. Thank you so much for sharing Mariah's photos she really touched my heart.