Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Where Have We Been

SPRING IS NEAR!! WE WELCOME HOLLIS THE FIRST OF THE SEASON, 03/17/09.


Well, I do apologize for the delay in posting. I can't believe it has been almost 3 weeks since my last post. So what do I have to share?
First and foremost I guess, I had been under the weather. I am feeling somewhat better now, still continuing to heal. I finally went to the Dr on the 6th. Only to get the diagnosis of pneumonia (which I suspected). She changed the antibiotic I was on again, this was the 3rd round, and gave my an injection of Rocephin. If I was not feeling better by Monday I was to return for lab and chest xray. So Monday rolled around and I was not feeling much better, still had a lot of pain in my chest and cough. So I waited it out and on Tuesday went for the lab and xray. Not only did I get the pneumonia, I had mono as well. Well that explained alot. Why I seemed so drained all the time. And on top of that the chest xray showed a pleural effusion, which is fluid in the lungs, which is not uncommon with the extended illness I had had. If you remember it started back on Feb 17th. So tomorrow I go back for a repeat chest xray to make sure the fluid is gone. So enough about me.

The kids have been on spring break all week. They were also out of school on last Friday due to the Centralia girls and boys teams going to state basketball. Both teams took 3rd. Way to go Panthers. We do know that spring is very near. We just love this time of year. Yesterday the weather was perfect, 80 degrees out and not a lot of wind, a plus for Kansas.
So how do I know spring is near, other than the weather? Well, let me show you. This is our first little sign that we are getting into spring.
"Hollis" was our first calf to be born this year out on the farm. There are several calves out there that belong to family, but he is our first. Grandpa called and we arrived out at the farm just in time to witness his birth. This takes me back a few years to when Maddy was about 4 or so. She wanted to be a Vet. So the arrival of Spring came and with it calving season. We took her out to help with one of the deliveries, and low and behold, the sac didn't break around the calves mouth when it was born. So to those of you that are city folk, you have to break the sac and pull it back so the calf can breathe or it will drown. So Michael reaches down and breaks the sac, and the fluid comes out, the calf coughs, and Madison said "I don't want to be a Vet anymore." lol Just instantaneously. But is has grown on the kids now, they don't mind. Seeing Michael shoulder deep inside the cow to pull calves is not uncommon, and bothers no one anymore.


I have video to post of Xavier crawling. Once he mastered it, he went from crawling to running on all fours. He is just a little too mobile. He had his first tumble down the steps the other day. I happened to be there so I just let him go down the first 3 to try and teach him he would get hurt if he went near them. I have a baby gate on order, but had to special order one because of the width of our steps. He is also pulling himself up on his knees. He tries to get up to his feet, and has accomplished it, only in his crib. So the other day he pulled himself up to his walker, and slipped and bumped his face on the tray, so he got his first shiner.



Sydnie had decided to become the big girl we all know she is. We have been working with her to stay dry at night, and using the bed alarm. This worked very well for Dylan so we tried it with her. She does not like the alarm. It scares her. But it is working to an extent. I think because she does not want to wear the alarm, she has been dry more often the last week than wet. She is so proud of herself and so are we. Hopefully, we will continue and not have to buy anymore pullups. YEAH!


Other than that, pretty much the same ol stuff here. I will try to be better with keeping you all up to date, but it will be a challenge with the weather turning so nice. To my mom I would like to wish her a Happy Belated birthday. Of course, I told her on time also, but on here it is late.

1 comment:

Angie said...

You have been busy, busy! I am glad to hear that you have finally started bouncing back yourself and that they are figuring things out for you! Yikes on your health. It is so hard to be sick and be a mommy!!! I can't believe little man is crawling-how old is he??? Nothing is off limits now!