Sunday, March 1, 2009

Prayers for the Neel Family


It is a very sad time for a very close friend of mine. And it hits very close to home. Her mama has been battling cancer courageously for over 2 years now and has been doing extremely well. In the last week, they go bed news that it was spreading and fast. And the Good Lord be with her she passed peacefully today. It will be very tough on the Neel family to be with out Shirley I am sure. She was a mother of eighteen children. And seemed to be able to not only work two jobs to provide for all of them, but have time for all of them and the grandchildren as well. So here is to Whitney and all the Neel family, you are all in our hearts, and we pray that you are all able to find comfort and peace knowing that your mom is in a wonderful peaceful place. Reunited with your brother. And I also pray that you are all able to find a new "normal" without her. It is a tough road ahead and some days it is hard to fight through it as everything will remind you of her in some way, but I know that you all can do it. I pray that you all find peace and comfort in your lives. My Sympathies are with the whole family.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Amy

I had the great pleasure of getting to know some of these wonderful family including Shirly when I was a nurse at the Dr.'s office in Wamego.. What a wonderful women she is.. My thoughts and prayers are with this family. My heart is sad for them. May they find strength in each other during this rough time.

Melissa